A non-abrasive lubricant to enhance our surface-purifying clay!
The most thorough car bath cannot rinse away every last bit of residue and overspray that contaminates, and eventually eats away, at your car?s paint. To get that show quality, silky-smooth finish, you will need to follow the wash with a clay bar treatment. This step is essential to attain a pristine surface, especially desirable before applying wax or paint sealant. Wolfgang Clay Lubricant is specifically designed to be used with Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay. When applied on a freshly washed surface Clay Lubricant creates an ultra-fine, slick protective layer between the paint and the clay. This allows the clay to glide across the surface, acting as a magnet for any foreign particles left behind after the wash. When this step is complete, your car?s surface will actually be exfoliated, ?purified? and free of contamination.
A lubricant of some kind must be used with all types of clay. Soapy water can work, but it can?t provide protection for your paint. Some detergents react with the clay and cause it to deteriorate. Wolfgang Clay Lubricant is a high-tech, VOC compliant formula containing super-polymers, which provide a sheer, ultra smooth surface and enhance the effectiveness of the clay. Its high-lubricity formula makes the process extra-gentle on your car?s finish?loosened particles are safely lifted away without scratching even the delicate clear coat. The clay literally glides across the surface with little to no effort. You will be amazed at how much debris is lifted from the car with each pass. No more dust, smudges, or fingerprints. When you feel no grabbing or resistance whatsoever between the car and the clay, the claying is complete. Simply wipe away any residue with a clean towel. You are left with a gorgeous finish. Tech notes:
Claying with Wolfgang Poly Clay and Wolfgang Clay Lubricant twice a year is sufficient. For the ultimate outcome, follow claying with Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish, then protect and seal in the shine with Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. This will yield an unbelievable showroom-quality finish.
16 oz. Trigger Spray
- Wash vehicle first. It is not necessary to dry it.
- Spray a fine mist of Wolfgang Clay Lubricant on a 2 square foot area.
- Rub Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay Bar across the wet surface in a back and forth motion.
- The clay will grab at first as it encounters contamination on the paint surface. This is normal. When the clay glides smoothly, the surface is clean.
- Use the lubricant to remove any clay residue using a microfiber towel. Wipe dry.
- Inspect the clay after each section. If it appears soiled, reshape it to reveal a clean portion. If dropped on the ground, discard the clay.